As we approach the season of gratitude and indulgence, it’s essential to strike a balance between enjoying Thanksgiving festivities and staying on track with your fitness goals. In this blog post, we’ll explore how you can maintain your commitment to a healthy lifestyle during Thanksgiving while still savoring the joy of the season.
1. Start Your Day with a Workout: Before the day’s festivities begin, consider kick-starting your Thanksgiving with a morning workout. Not only will this boost your metabolism, but it will also set a positive tone for the day ahead. Looking for a workout this year? Join us for our free Thanksgiving Bootcamp at 8am. Invite friends or family to join you for a fun and energizing workout to make it a memorable and healthy start to the holiday.
2. Opt for a Healthy Pre-Feast Meal: As you prepare for the main Thanksgiving feast, make sure to have a nutritious and satisfying pre-feast meal. Include lean proteins, vegetables, and whole grains to help control your appetite and prevent overindulging later in the day. This way, you can still enjoy the holiday feast without completely derailing your fitness goals.
3. Practice Portion Control: Thanksgiving is synonymous with indulgent meals, but that doesn’t mean you have to throw caution to the wind. Focus on portion control during the feast to enjoy your favorite dishes without overloading on calories. Savor each bite, and listen to your body’s hunger cues to prevent mindless overeating.
4. Stay Active with Family and Friends: Instead of lounging on the couch after the meal, encourage your family and friends to partake in some active post-feast activities. Organize a friendly game of touch football or take a scenic walk. Not only will this help burn off some of those Thanksgiving calories, but it’s also an excellent way to bond with loved ones.
5. Choose Mindful Indulgences: Thanksgiving desserts are a tempting part of the celebration, but you can make mindful choices when it comes to indulging your sweet tooth. Opt for smaller portions of your favorite desserts or explore healthier alternatives. Read on for a healthy and tasty dessert recipe to try this year!
By incorporating these tips into your holiday plans, you can enjoy the festivities without compromising your commitment to a healthy lifestyle. Remember, staying on track during Thanksgiving is not about deprivation but rather about making mindful choices that align with your fitness goals. Want help and accountability throughout the holidays? Schedule a No Sweat Intro with one of our coaches to chat about your accountability plan today! Sign up using the link below:
Wishing you a happy and healthy Thanksgiving season!
Pumpkin Chia Seed Pudding
• 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
• 2 cups unsweetened almond milk (or any milk of your choice)
• 1/4 cup chia seeds
• 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
• 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
• 2-3 tablespoons maple syrup or honey (adjust to taste)
• Optional toppings: chopped nuts, Greek yogurt, or fresh berries
1. In a mixing bowl, combine the pumpkin puree, almond milk, chia seeds, vanilla extract, pumpkin pie spice, and maple syrup. Whisk until well combined.
2. Cover the bowl and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight to allow the chia seeds to absorb the liquid and create a pudding-like consistency.
3. Before serving, give the pudding a good stir to ensure an even texture.
4. Divide the pudding into serving bowls or glasses.
5. Top with your choice of optional toppings, such as chopped nuts, a dollop of Greek yogurt, or fresh berries.
6. Serve chilled and enjoy!